Lighthouse Art Gallery

(Watercolor/Acrylic Paintings  of Lighthouses mostly on nautical charts)


Rhode Island Lighthouses& Nautical Scenes

Beavertail Lighthouse was built in 1856 marks the entrance to Narragansett Bay. The 64-foot (20 m) lighthouse lies on the southernmost point of Conanicut Island in the town of Jamestown, Rhode Island in Beavertail State Park. The light provides navigation for boats and ships entering Narragansett Bay in the East Passage between Conanicut Island and Newport, Rhode Island on Aquidneck Island. The light is on 24 hours per day with a rotation every 6 seconds. It has a loud foghorn that blasts about every 30 seconds during the fog

Beavertail Lighthouse, Jamestown, RI
(Nautical Chart Background-Narragansett Bay, RI)
Beavertail Lighthouse

Art Print Sizes & Refrig. Magnet

Original: SOLD 


The Newport Harbor Lighthouse is also known as the Goat Island Lighthouse or Green Light. The lighthouse was built in 1843 and is located on the north end of Goat Island, which is part of the city of Newport RI in Narragansett Bay.

Original: SOLD 

Newport Harbor Lighthouse (Goat Island) Newport, RI
(Nautical Chart Background-Narragansett Bay, RI)

Art Print Sizes


Block Island Southeast Light is located on Mohegan Bluffs at the southeastern corner of  Block Island ,  Rhode Island . It was designated a U.S. National Historic Landmark in 1997 as one of the most architecturally sophisticated lighthouses built in the United States in the 19th century.
Original: $250.00 

Southeast Block Island Lighthouse
MOHEGAN BLUFFS/BLOCK ISLAND, RI
(Nautical Chart Background-Block Island)

Southeast Block Island Lighthouse Art Print


The first lighthouse on this site was built in 1829.  The BI north lighthouse at Sandy Point is the fourth lighthouse built on the site and was made of granite and iron in 1867. The light was deactivated in 1973. and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. After years of neglect, the lighthouse, along with two acres of land, was sold to New Shoreham in 1984. Following much renovation by the North Light Commission, it was relighted in 1989. Then, in 2008 the light underwent restoration on 23 October 2010, a relighting ceremony took place.

Block Island North Lighthouse
SANDY POINT, NORTH END of Block Island.

(New Shoreham, RI
(Nautical Chart Background-Block Island)

Block Island North Lighthouse Art Print

Original: $250.00 


Point Judith extends more than a mile from the Rhode Island coast, marking the entrance to Narragansett Bay to the North and Block Island Sound to the south. The present octagonal brownstone tower was erected in 1857, and underwent a major restoration in 2000. Point Judith lighthouse stands on the grounds of Coast Guard Station Point Judith which was constructed in 1937.

Point Judith Lighthouse, Narragansett, RI
(Nautical Chart Background-Narragansett Bay, RI)

Point Judith Lighthouse, Narragansett, RI Art Print

Original: $225.00 


 Narragansett Bay Tugboats
(Nautical Chart Background-Providence River and Head of Narragansett Bay, RI)

Original: $225.0

Providence Tug Boats Art Print

The Providence Steamship Company was established in 1881 and is one of the oldest tugboat companies in New England . Providence Steamboat company provides ship assist services in Narragansett Bay including tankers, barges, bulk cargos, coal at local utility plants, US Navy in Newport and Car ships in the port of Davisville .  McAllister Towing operates six tugboats on Narragansett Bay and  is known for it’s wheelhouse green tugs with black stacks and the white disk logo. The company has two locatios at India Street in Providence and off Shaw Street in Fall River , MA .


Prudence Island is approximately 7 miles long and 1 1/2 miles across with a summer population of about 2000. In 1850 local residents petitioned Congress for a lighthouse at Sandy Point to help mariners pass thru Narragansett Bay's East Passage. Prudence Island Lighthouse was automated in 1972 and is currently maintained by the Prudence Island Conservancy. 
Original: SOLD

Prudence Island Lighthouse (Sandy Point Light), Narragansett Bay, RI

Prudence Island Lighthouse (Sandy Point Light) Art Print



In 1985, Warwick became the last Rhode Island lighthouse to be automated, and the Fresnel lens was replaced with a modern lens at that time. The station is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The lighthouse is owned by the Coast Guard and continues to be an active aid to navigation, showing a flashing green light. The keeper's) dwelling is used as housing for Coast Guard personnel.

Original: SOLD

Warwick Lighthouse
Warwick Neck/Narragansett Bay  Warwick, RI 
(Nautical Chart Background-Narragansett Bay, RI)

Warwick Lighthouse Warwick Neck/Narragansett Bay Art Print


Pomham Rocks Light (also known as "Pomham Lighthouse")  in the Providence River about 200 yards off the shoreline of the Riverside , Rhode Island .  The light was established in 1871. The light was one of a group of New England lighthouses built to the same plan after an award winning design by a Vermont architect. Pomham Lighthouse was deactivated from 1974 to 2006, but relighted on July 30, 2006. The light was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 9, 1979.

Pomham Lighthouse
AKA Pomham Rocks Lighthouse
East Providence , RI  

Pomham Lighthouse Art Print

Original: $275


Rose Island Lighthouse was built in 1869. The dwelling and attached light tower were built  on the ruins of  Fort Hamilton. The light was first lighted on January 20, 1870.  The island was  also used by the Navy to build and store torpedoes/ mines and abandoned the island in the mid-1950's. In 1969 the Newport Bridge was finished and the Coast Guard closed the lighthouse in 1971. The Rose Island Lighthouse Foundation was formed in 1984 to in restore and maintain the lighthouse and also is a winter haven for seals as depicted in the painting.

Rose Island Lighthouse,  Newport, RI

Rose Island Lighthouse, Newport, RI Art Print


Original: $275.00 


Plum beach Lighthouse and fog signal on Plum Beach Shoal was started in 1896 thru 1899 and it was first lighted on July 1, 1899. In 1941, the first Jamestown Bridge was built almost on top of Plum Beach Lighthouse. The lighthouse was no longer  and was closed. The Friends of Plum Beach Lighthouse, Inc. was formed and was given title to the lighthouse in 1998.
In 2003 restoration started on the restoration of the lighthouse and in December a new light was placed in the lighthouse and it was lighted for the first time in 62 years.

  

Plum Beach Lighthouse
North Kingston, RI
(Narragansett Bay near the Jamestown Bridge)

Plum Beach Lighthouse North Kingston, RI Art Print

Original: $250.00 


The "Coney Island of New England" originated in 1886. Charles I.D. Looff was commissioned to build the Carousel. In the early 1900's the park was bustling with patrons from all over New England and New York. The Shore Dinner Hall was built in 1914 and in 1920 added  a roller rink and the "Alhambra Ballroom". The Park flourished  in the 1950s and  1960s.  Unfortunally Crescent Park closed in 1979. The Carousel thru valiant efforts of local residents has been saved and is now operated by the Crescent Park Carousel Commission. 

Crescent Park, Riverside, RI 1886-1979

Crescent Park, Riverside, RI Art Print

Original: SOLD


The Mount Hope Bridge is a two-lane suspension bridge and spans the Mount Hope Bay. The bridge connects the Rhode Island towns of Portsmouth and Bristol. Since 1976, the Mount Hope Bridge has been listed with the National Register of Historic Places. 

Mt. Hope Bridge & Hog Island Shoal Lighthouse

Mt. Hope Bridge & Hog Island Shoal Lighthouse Art Print


1"x  Original: $275


Watch Hill is one of the oldest lighthouse sites in America and to this day, it remains an active aid to navigation.  The Watch Hill Lighthouse in Watch Hill, RI has served as a nautical beacon for ships since 1745, when the Rhode Island colonial government erected a watchtower and beacon during the French and Indian War and Revolutionary War.

Watch Hill Lighthouse
 Westerly, RI 

Watch Hill Lighthouse Art Prints

  Original: $275


Original: $299

Conimicut Light, built in 1883, is a historic sparkplug lighthouse in Warwick, Rhode Island. The lighthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. The lighthouse is said to be in "relatively good condition.  The lighthouse was built in 1883 using pneumatic caisson engineering. The light replaced an earlier 1868 light. Conimicut Lighthouse was automated in the 1960s and was one of the last acetylene gas powered lights to switch to electricity. The City of Warwick acquired the light in 2004. Initially the city planned to restore the lighthouse, but a federal grant for this purpose failed to come through. Subsequently, the city is considering various plans, including leasing it to a tourism company to be converted into a bed-and-breakfast inn. 

Conimicut Lighthouse Matted Art Prints

Conimicut Lighthouse
Point Judith
, RI


     

Massachusetts Lighthouses & Nautical Scenes

Chatham Lighthouse, known as Twin Lights prior to 1923, is a lighthouse in Chatham , Massachusetts , near the "elbow" of Cape Cod .  The station was established in 1808, the second light on Cape Cod .  In 1982 it was Automated and now one of the few lights that operates 24 hours a day.  Today, the former keeper's house is an active U.S. Coast Guard station, and on-duty personnel living quarters.   Chatham Light was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 15, 1987.  

Chatham Lighthouse
Chatham , MA
 

Chatham Lighthouse Watercolor Matted Art Prints

Original: $275


Chatham Lighthouse, known as Twin Lights prior to 1923, is a lighthouse in Chatham , Massachusetts , near the "elbow" of Cape Cod .  The station was established in 1808, the second light on Cape Cod .  In 1982 it was Automated and now one of the few lights that operates 24 hours a day.  Today, the former keeper's house is an active U.S. Coast Guard station, and on-duty personnel living quarters.   Chatham Light was added to the National Register of Historic Places on June 15, 1987.

Chatham Lighthouse
Chatham , MA  

Pen & Ink 

Chatham Lighthouse Watercolor  Art Prints

 Original: $300


Plymouth Light, also known as Gurnet Light, is an historic lighthouse located on Gurnet Point at the entrance to Plymouth Bay in the town of Plymouth , Massachusetts . The light is accessible only by passing through the town of Duxbury , which lies to the north.

Original: $275

Plymouth Gurnet Lighthouse
Plymouth, MA 

Plymouth Gurnet Lighthouse  Art Prints

 


Longs Point, Woods End & Race Point  Lighthouse

  Provincetown MA

Longs Point, Woods End & Race Point Lighthouse Art Prints

  Original: $275

Thanks to an area often referred to as an “ocean graveyard,”  Provincetown is blessed with three lighthouses. Closest to the “graveyard,” Race Point Lighthouse was the first lighthouse to be built at the end of the Cape in 1816. The  other lighthouses are Wood End Lighthouse and Long Point Lighthouse. Wood End Lighthouse was built in 1872 and stands 39 feet proud. Long Point Lighthouse, which resides on the very tip of the Cape , was established as a station in 1826. Its tower was rebuilt in 1875 and measures 38 feet

Edgartown Harbor Light is a Martha's Vineyard lighthouse located in Edgartown , Massachusetts , USA , that marks the entrance into Edgartown Harbor and Katama Bay . Martha's Vineyard has five lighthouses.   Station established: 1828; Current lighthouse tower built: 1881 (moved from Ipswich in 1939); Automated: 1939

Edgartown Lighthouse
Martha's Vineyard, MA 

Edgartown Lighthouse (Martha Vineyard) art prints

  Original: $275


Nauset Light, officially Nauset Beach Light, is a lighthouse in Eastham , Massachusetts . It is a cast iron plate shell lined with brick and stands 48 feet (15 m) high. The lighthouse is the logo for Cape Cod Potato Chips. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987 as Nauset Beach Light.

Nauset  Lighthouse
Eastham, MA (Cape Cod)

Nauset Lighthouse Matted Art Prints

 Original: $275


Sandy Neck is in Barnstable MA ( Cape Cod ) and is a barrier beach marked by the Sandy Neck Lighthouse on Beach Point. The 182-year-old lighthouse watches over a cluster of  shingled cottages. Originally built in 1826 and rebuilt in 1857, Sandy Neck Light was decommissioned in 1931. Today the light—all 48′ of it—stands whole again, although it and the adjoining lightkeeper’s house is not open to the public.
Original: $275

Sandy Neck Lighthouse,
Barnstable, MA (Cape Cod)

Sandy Neck Lighthouse Art Prints


Butler Flats Light, New Bedford , MA is a sparkplug lighthouse located in the New Bedford outer harbor, at the mouth of the Acushnet River . It is currently operated by the City of New Bedford . The lighthouse is not open to the public, but is easily visible from the shore along East Rodney French Boulevard in New Bedford The light was added to the National Register of Historic Places as Butler Flats Light Station on June 15, 1987.

Butler Flats Lighthouse
 
New Bedford, MA

Butler Flats Lighthouse New Bedford, MA Matted Art Prints

Original: $275


Palmer Island Light Station is a historic lighthouse in New Bedford Harbor in New Bedford , Massachusetts , The lighthouse was built in 1849. It was discontinued when the harbor's hurricane barrier was built in the early 1960s.   From 1888 until 1891 it served, with Fairhaven Bridge Light, as a range light to guide vessels past Butler Flats, a rocky shoal on the west side of the entrance channel.

Palmer Island Lighthouse
New Bedford , MA  

Palmer Island Lighthouse New Bedford, MA matted Art Prints

Original: $275


Ned's Point Light is an historic lighthouse on Ned's Point Road in Mattapoisett , Massachusetts .  The light was built in 1838. There are 32 granite steps which lead to the lantern that are cantilevered without the use of mortar. The original stone keeper's house was loaded on a barge and taken to Wing's Neck Light in 1923. The light was deactivated from 1951 to 1963 after the land was sold to the town of Mattapoisett for use as a park. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.

Ned's Point Lighthouse
 
Mattapoisett, MA

Ned's Point Lighthouse, Mattapoisett, MA matted Art Prints

Original: $275


Boston Light is located on Little Brewster Island in outer Boston Harbor, MA .  The first lighthouse was built in 1716 and was the first lighthouse built in what now is the United States.  The current lighthouse dates from 1783. is the second working lighthouse in the U.S.   (after Sandy Hook Lighthouse in New Jershey), and was the only lighthouse to still be actively staffed by the US Coast Guard, being automated in 1998 though there are still volunteer keepers acting as tour guides.  The structure was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1964.

Boston Point Lighthouse
Outer Boston Harbor

Boston Point Lighthouse, Boston, MA Matted Art Prints

Original: $299


Nobska Light or Nobsque Light. Also know as Nobska Point Light is located in Woods Hole on the southwestern tip of Cape Cod . It overlooks Mathha’s Vineyard and Nonamessett Island .  The light station was established in 1876 and the current tower dates to 1876. The light station includes four buildings: the tower, the keeper's house, a radio beacon house, and a small oil house.  The light station was added to the National Register of Historic Places as Nobska Point Light Station in 1987

Nobska Point Lighthouse
Woods Hole ( Cape Cod ), MA  

Nobska Point Lighthouse Cape Cod MA Matted Art Prints

Original: $275


Maine Lighthouses

The Pemaquid Point Light is a historic lighthouse located in Bristol, Maine, at the tip of the Pemaquid Neck. The tower and keeper's house were first constructed in 1827 and rebuilt in 1835. A wood frame keeper's house was added in 1857. At about the same time, the tower was upgraded with a new technology Fresnel lamp.  The beacon that shines today is the same fourth-order lamp that can be seen 14 nautical miles out to sea. 

Pemaquid Point Lighthouse
 Bristol, Maine 

Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Bristol, ME matted art prints

Original: $275


Cape Neddick ( Nubble ) Lighthouse
 
York, Maine

Cape Neddick ( Nubble ) Lighthouse York, Maine matted Art Prints

Original: SOLD

 

The Nubble Lighthouse was built in 1879 and is also known as "The Nubble," and the Cape Neddick Lighthouse. The Nubble Lighthouse is a 2-layer thick brick lighthouse with a cast iron outer shell to the lighthouse with a red blinking beacon which lights every 6 seconds. The walkway between the Nubble Light and the house was constructed for the lighthouse keeper.   Originally, there was a bell on the lighthouse that was used in bad weather. It was replaced by a fog horn in 1961. The Nubble Lighthouse has been fully automated since 1987. The US Coast Guard now maintains the Nubble Light. The park where the Nubble Lighthouse can be viewed is Sohier Park in York Maine.


New Hampshire Lighthouses & Nautical Scenes

Cruising by the Isles of Shoals Lighthouse Art Print Sizes 

Cruising by the Isles of Shoals Lighthouse, NH
  ( White Island Light)
      Original: $275

The Moran Tugboat Towing Company has been a fixture for many years in Portsmouth NH . The company operates three and sometimes four tugboats to assist with river traffic that brings cargo up the Piscataqua River and through Portsmouth Harbor .   Located on the southernmost island in the Isles of Shoals, White Island Light flashes a brilliant white beam every 15 seconds and, in foggy weather, sounds a horn every 30 seconds.The Isles of Shoals Light, also known as "White Island Light", on White Island , in the Isles of Shoals, New Hampshire , was first built in 1821. The present structure was built in 1865.  The station fell into disrepair but a group of North Hampton Students (Lighthouse Kids) took on the mission of raising funds to restore the lighthouse. The result the lighthouse was restored in 2005. The Isles of Shoals are a group of nine islands six miles off the Atlantic coast, straddling the border between New Hampshire and Maine . On the New Hampshire side the other islands include White Island , Seavey Islands and Lunging Island . On the Maine side are Duck, Star, Smuttynose, & Cedar Island .  In 1993 White Island and a couple of other islands in the group were transferred to the NH State Parks System.


Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse is located within Fort Constitution in New Castle, NH.  The current light is a fixed green signal that is visible for 12 nautical miles. The light is made green by an acrylic cylinder that surrounds the lens. Other structures at the light station that are still standing are the 1903 oil house (restored in 2004) and the 1872 keeper's house (currently US Coast Guard offices). 

Portsmouth Harbor Lighthouse (New Castle, NH)

Art Print Sizes-Free Shipping

  Original: $275


Isles of Shoals Lighthouse
White Island, New Hampshire  

Art Print Sizes-Free Shipping

Located on the southernmost island in the Isles of Shoals, White Island Light flashes a brilliant white beam every 15 seconds and, in foggy weather, sounds a horn every 30 seconds.The Isles of Shoals Light, also known as "White Island Light", on White Island, in the Isles of Shoals, New Hampshire, was first built in 1821. The present structure was built in 1865.  The station fell into disrepair but a group of North Hampton Students (Lighthouse Kids) took on the mission of raising funds to restore the lighthouse. The result the lighthouse was restored in 2005.   The Isles of Shoals are a group of nine islands six miles off the Atlantic coast, straddling the border between New Hampshire and Maine . On the New Hampshire side the other islands include White Island , Seavey Islands and Lunging Island . On the Maine side are Duck, Star, Smuttynose, & Cedar Island .  In 1993 White Island and a couple of other islands in the group were transferred to the NH State Parks System


Portsmouth Harbor
Portsmouth,  New Hampshire
Original: $275

Art Print Sizes

The Moran Tugboat Towing Company has been a fixture for many years in Portsmouth NH . The company operates three and sometimes four tugboats to assist with river traffic that brings cargo up the Piscataqua River and through Portsmouth Harbor .  The Piscataqua River has one of swiftest and most difficult currents in the country. Since the 1930s, this pier on Ceres Street has been home to several 100-foot tugboat used today to bring tankers up the river at slack tide. Local river pilots are required to take the helm of the commercial vessels and guide them safely through the channel. The Moran tugboats are known for their keelhouse green tugs with black stacks and the white disk logo.


The MS Mount Washington  is the flagship vessel of the Winnipesaukee Flagship Corporation. Its home port is on Lake Winnipesaukee in  Laconia , NH  .The  Mount Washington cruises the waters of Winnipesaukee from late May through late October. The Mount Washington has five ports of call:  Meredith Bay ,  Center Harbor , Wolfeboro,  Alton Bay , and her home port of  Weirs Beach. Ice-Out is declared when the  Mount Washington  can get to all of its ports of call

MS Mount Washington
 
on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH

Art Print Sizes

Original: $275

 


The Miss Winnipesaukee speedboat rides were offered for 42 years (1930–1972). At the peak of their popularity in the late 1940’s, there was a fleet of five of the speedboats, all nearly identical, circa 1930 vintage, 26′ or 28′ triple-cockpit Chris Craft runabouts that seated nine. A man with a megaphone advertising the “10-mile”, 20-minute rides could be heard all over Weirs Beach .

Miss Winnpiesaukee
 
Lake Boat on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH

Art Print Sizes

Original: $275

 


 

Connecticut Lighthouses & Nautical Scenes

Original: $275

New London Ledge Lighthouse is located in Groton , CT on the Thames River , at the mouth of New London Harbor .  It is currently owned and maintained by the New London Maritime Society.  New London Ledge Lighthouse was built in 1909 and was originally called the Southwest Ledge Light; bit in 1910 the lighthouse was renamed to New London Ledge Lighthouse.  The U.S. Coast Guard took it over in 1939 and the light was automated in 1987.  The original forth order Fresnel lens was removed and was later put on display in the Custom House Maritime Museum .  In 1990 the light was added to the National Register of Historic Places.  New London Ledge is locally famous for the ghost of an early keeper, nicknamed "Ernie," who allegedly haunts the lighthouse.

New London Ledge Lighthouse Groton, CT Matted Art Prints

New London Ledge Lighthouse
Groton , CT


 

HOME

PLEASE VISIT ALL OUR GALLERIES  

SHOW SCHEDULE 

T-SHIRTS, CAPS & BUMPER STICKERS (Save the JUNKYARDS) 

US NAVY, COAST GUARD & MILITARY ART

ABOUT the ARTIST

LIGHTHOUSES

COMMISSIONS 

MARINE (MARITIME) ART 

Racing, Motorsports, Automotive & Motorcycles  Amusement Parks Diners, Drive-Ins, Old Cars &  Past Time Memories  Construction, Truck &
 Farm Tractors 
Personalized 
Art Prints
Railroad  Art Scenes Outhouses & More Art Junkyard Scenes Landscapes,  Country  Art & Nostalgic Memories Medfield, MA.
  Humor F.A.Q. & HOW to ORDER Photos & Links Discontinued/Sold Out

 

 

 

 

Website created by the Junkyard Artist
 756A Greenville Avenue, Johnston, RI 02919
Webmaster William Mac Gregor @
Webmaster@junkyardartist.com
copyright,2000  (all rights reserved)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nautical Chart
Nautical Chart Art
Paintings on Nautical Charts
Marine Art
Navy Ship Art

Navy Art
Naval Ship Art
Coast Guard Art
Military Art
Nautical Chart paintings
Tugboats
Tugboat
Merchant Marine
Navy
Submarine
CG, FFG, Oiler, DDG
Frigate
Bath Iron Works
Lockheed Martin
Raytheon
Todd Ship Yards
Navy ship reunion
Military Locator & Reunion Service
The MCaan Group
Trident
Sub
Coast Guard
Point Judith
Lighthouse